Hong Kong is proud to be one of the Four Asian Tigers: a free and quick-growing financial hub of the Eastern world. It’s a vertical city that is fast-paced, efficient, and modern. Whether you live here or are just visiting, these are a few of my favorite urban escapes amidst the city chaos.
- Iyengar Yoga Centre of Hong Kong: Every single teacher at this studio is compassionate, attentive, and knowledgable. Take class with the studio director George Dovas or one of their many visiting teachers- Bobby Clennell will be teaching her Women’s Yoga workshops there this November.
- Big Buddha: Tucked into the mountains in the center of Lantau Island. Climb the 268 steps up to the seat of the Buddha, wander through the temples of Po Lin Monastery, or grab a budget-friendly lunch at the monastery’s veggie restaurant.
- Kwan Yin Temple in Stanley: A beautiful statue of this Goddess sits atop a hill overlooking Stanley Bay. Peaceful and a little off the beaten path. Read about our epic journey just finding the place here.
- Pok Fu Lam Trail: After catching the fantastic views of the HK skyline and Victoria Harbour from the Peak, exit near the bus terminus, and enjoy this easy trail down to Pok Fu Lam Reservoir.
- Lamma Island: A laid back “bohemian” beach community. Hike across the island and then enjoy ultra fresh seafood